There is no denying that our bodies change as we age. The visible signs of that change creep up on us slowly. Some of those signs are changes in the skin. We notice fine lines and wrinkles around our eyes, mouth, and forehead. No one can stop the aging process, but some treatments can reduce visible signs or be used as a preventative treatment to slow adding age to our skin, such as cosmetic or wrinkle fillers.
Getting a cosmetic filler is an immediate and straightforward option to smooth the lines. The result gives a more youthful appearance. Fillers treat a specific area without surgery or downtime. If you are considering ways to match your appearance with your young heart, here is what you can expect with wrinkle fillers.
Where to Start?
Booking a free consultation with our experts is the first step. During the consultation, the specialist will examine your skin and the areas you wish to address and recommend the best treatment to achieve the desired results. Below are some common questions that will be covered during the consultation.
- What are the areas that concern you?
- What are your goals in terms of appearance results?
- Have you had cosmetic fillers before? If so, were there any adverse reactions?
- Do you have any medical history of allergies or disease?
- What current medications are you taking?
- What type of result are you expecting from the treatment?
- What treatment is recommended to achieve the results?
- What type of filler will be used?
- Who will administer the filler?
- How many treatments will be necessary?
- How long will the treatment take?
- Are there any preparation steps before the treatment day?
- Have you had any dental work in the past 2 weeks or the upcoming 2 weeks?
Before the procedure begins, our injector will examine the skin and mark where the fillers will be injected. This step is critical to ensure all areas are identified and treated during the session. The marked areas will be cleaned with an antibacterial pad, protecting against any infection developing later at the injection points.
There are usually several injections for every marked area. This procedure is relatively painless – just small needle pricks. Since every person has a different pain tolerance level, you should tell the specialist immediately if you feel pain or discomfort. Most cosmetic filler treatments last from 15 to 60 minutes, depending on the number of treated areas.
After the Procedure
There is no downtime after receiving fillers, so normal activities can be resumed immediately. Some people do experience after-effects. Here’s what to look for and how to handle it:
- Swelling and Bruising – This occurs near the injection sites. To reduce these effects, ice the area for 20 minutes several times a day.
- Headache or Pain at Injection Site – Take over-the-counter pain medication such as Tylenol or Motrin as needed.
- Redness, Welts, or Itching – Take Benadryl to alleviate symptoms.
- Lumps – massage using constant pressure for two minutes. Repeat 4-5 times a day.
Immediate changes are evident, but the final results occur approximately two weeks after treatment. If desired results are not attained, additional treatments can be done. Results will last 9-12 months.
Ready to book your next Filler appointment? Call 919-954-2288 (Raleigh) or 919-851-8989 (Cary) for an appointment. For more information on cosmetic or wrinkle fillers, contact BodyLase for a consultation with one of our skin specialists.